Ural56.Ru shares the latest news at this time, which relate to a special operation in Ukraine:
- In an interview with Fox News, Zelensky refused to discuss the details of the helicopter attack by the Ukrainian military on the oil depot in Belgorod, but called it “his order.” He was asked whether Ukraine had attacked the facility in Russia: – I do not discuss my orders as the Supreme Commander-in-Chief. There are things I only share with the armed forces when they talk to me.
- Peskov said that the events in Belgorod should not be perceived as comfortable conditions for negotiations.
- The oil depot in Belgorod, which was hit by Ukrainian military helicopters, has nothing to do with the Russian Armed Forces. This was announced at a briefing on Friday, April 1, by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry Igor Konashenkov, Izvestia reports.
On April 1, at about 5 am Moscow time, two Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopters entered the airspace of the Russian Federation at an extremely low altitude. Ukrainian helicopters fired a missile at a civilian oil storage facility located on the outskirts of Belgorod.
According to him, only civilian vehicles were supplied with fuel from this facility, and the oil depot has nothing to do with the Russian armed forces.
- Lavrov said that further contacts between Russia and Ukraine are being worked out.
- Russia will strengthen its western borders so as to maintain the necessary parity and so that “no one thinks of attacking it,” Peskov told Belarusian TV.
- The New York Times, citing an unnamed US official, writes that Washington intends to facilitate the transfer of Soviet-made tanks to Ukraine. According to the newspaper, if this happens, the United States will participate in the transfer of tanks for the first time.
- Zelensky said he would like to see China on Ukraine’s side.
- China has not received any requests from Kiev to make Beijing a guarantor of Ukraine’s security, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said.
- Xi Jinping had previously said that the whole world could not be drawn into the Ukrainian crisis.
- IAEA Director General Grossi said that Russian representatives at a meeting in Kaliningrad confirmed that Russian forces had left the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.
- The Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation included 8 more people in the list of foreign media agents, including Ossetian, Ponasenkova and Borzunova.
- Ponasenkov said he would sue after the Russian Justice Ministry recognized him as a foreign agent.
- Until October 30, Wizz Air will cancel all flights to and from Russia.
- Badoo dating app restricted access for residents of Russia and Belarus.
We will remind, on February 24 the president of Russia Vladimir Putin made the decision on carrying out in Donbass of special military operation. All news online in a separate section.
News is faster than on the site, in our Telegram. More photos and comments in our VKontakte group.