The spring conscription has nothing to do with the military operation in Ukraine, conscripts will not be sent to hotspots, and all servicemen of last year’s spring conscription will be discharged to reserve and sent home after the expiration of their service. This was stated in the Office of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and confirmed personally by the head of the Ministry of Defense Sergei Shoigu.
The mother of one of the Ulyanovsk conscripts asked to clarify the situation with the spring conscription into the army, which will traditionally begin in April. She is worried – there are a lot of rumors on the Internet, and she has one son, and it is one thing to let a guy study military science, and quite another – to send him to the combat zone.
“Is there clarity with the recruits? The son wants to serve, he made the decision at school and on his own. He does not renounce his debt to the Motherland. But I’m very worried – because the boy is still, and suddenly he will be offered to participate in a special operation, and he will not refuse, and I will not even tell? Could it be? ” Elena Nikolaevna’s worried mother asks.
We explain that the fact that the spring call-up is not connected in any way with the special operation, and that our professional soldiers are in Ukraine now, not recruits, has already been officially announced from all senior positions. There will be no spring recruits there.
“I would like to emphasize that the recruits will not go to any hot spots,” Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu explained at a conference call on Tuesday.
The Minister also said that 134.5 thousand Russian youths are subject to spring conscription this year – less than a year ago. In addition, all measures to combat the spread of coronavirus infection among Russian servicemen will continue.
“The upcoming conscription is not related to a special military operation, as only officers and contract servicemen are sent to take part in it,” said Yevgeny Burdinsky, head of the Main Organizational and Mobilization Department of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, in an interview with Krasnaya Zvezda. .
Note: the conscription campaign in Russia is held twice a year at the same time. Spring recruitment starts on April 1 and will last until July 15. This spring, conscription will take place in 82 regions of the Russian Federation, with the exception of the Republic of Komi, Yamal-Nenets and Nenets Autonomous Okrugs, where conscription activities are held only in autumn.
As for the alleged “universal mobilization” and “conscripts in Ukraine” – indeed, such fakes have been circulating on the Internet for some time. They were spread by Ukrainian propagandists, as well as many other frightening, but completely devoid of meaning and truth “news”. Officially and credibly: the Chief Military Prosecutor’s Office monitors all issues of legality of conscription and observance of the rights of conscripts during their military service. Russian President Vladimir Putin has instructed to categorically exclude the use of conscripts to carry out tasks on the territory of Ukraine.