Russian sport is under sanctions again. Now not because of doping, but for political reasons. Our football was also hit by an unprecedented blow from FIFA and UEFA: Spartak was disqualified from the Europa League, and the Russian national team will not play in the matches for the right to reach the final part of the 2022 World Cup.
“KP Sport” talks about what happened after the adoption of sanctions against Russian football.
RFU, Karpin and Matytsin made a statement
Spartak and the Russian national team were left without international competitions for an indefinite period. FIFA and UEFA have imposed sanctions due to the armed conflict between Russia and Ukraine. The leadership of the Russian Football Union has already stated that it will appeal the decision of the football authorities in the Sports Arbitration Court (CAS).
– Such actions split the world sports community, which has always adhered to the principles of equality, mutual respect and independence from politics. We reserve the right to challenge the decision of FIFA and UEFA in accordance with international sports law, – said in a statement the RFU.
The Minister of Sports of the Russian Federation Oleg Matytsin also speaks about the complaint to CAS.
– Will the RFU file a complaint to CAS? It is necessary to carefully analyze the decision of FIFA and UEFA. Assess the grounds. After that, we will do everything possible to restore the rights of our athletes, – said the Minister of Sports of the Russian Federation.
The head coach of the Russian national team Valery Karpin was not left out either. He said that the decision of FIFA and UEFA to remove the national team destroyed the dreams of football players for the World Cup.
– To say that the coaching staff of the Russian national team is disappointed with the decision of FIFA – is to say nothing, – quotes Karpin RFU. Naturally, we hoped that the winner of our four would be determined on the football field. It is a pity for the guys who dreamed of playing at the 2022 World Cup and have now lost that hope. I hope that the sanctions of FIFA and UEFA will be lifted as soon as possible and Russian football will return to the international arena.
“What hypocrisy. The world lied when it said that sport is out of politics “: fans in anger after Russia’s removal from football
The most popular question – “Sport is definitely out of politics”?
FIFPro demands to terminate the contracts of legionnaires in RPL
Sanctions may also affect Russia’s domestic championship. The International Footballers’ Union FIFPro has appealed to FIFA to give all RPL legionnaires the right to terminate their contracts with clubs without hindrance.
– We called on FIFA to do this. It is necessary to use this measure as soon as possible. The escalating conflict seems to us an occasion to give players the opportunity to terminate the contract without paying compensation to the club. We are currently discussing this with FIFA, says Voetbal International, a member of FIFPro’s board of directors Luis Everard.
That is, all the legionnaires of the Russian Premier League will be able to safely leave their jobs and leave Russia. Clubs will suffer enormous damage, as players will not be obliged to pay compensation.
FIFA broke down under pressure from England
Who has already left the RPL: Voronin, Gizdol, Godzur
Foreign coaches and players are already leaving the Russian Premier League. Ukrainian Dynamo coach Andrei Voronin is leaving Sandro Schwartz’s headquarters. This was reported by the official website of the white and blue.
German Lokomotiv coach Marcus Gizdol is also leaving Russia. Lokomotiv has already announced the termination of cooperation with Gizdol. The specialist himself commented on his departure to Bild.
“This is my personal decision, and I am absolutely convinced of it,” said the specialist.
Ukrainian goalkeeper of the Urals Yaroslav Godzyur also left the club. Yekaterinburg reported that they terminated the agreement with the footballer by mutual decision of the parties. It is noteworthy that Godzur played in Russia for more than 15 years.
Many who are not going to leave
Despite the armed conflict and pressure from the international community, there are many foreigners in the Russian Premier League who have already stated that they remain working in Russia.
“Spartak” remains fully staffed. Red and white sports director Luca Cattani and head coach Paolo Vanoli will definitely work for Spartak. The coach’s agent told the media about this. It is also known that Spartak striker Shamar Nicholson will remain at Spartak.
Ukrainian RPL defenders Ivan Ordets (Dynamo) and Yaroslav Rakitsky (Zenit) also remain in their teams. The head coach of the St. Petersburg team Sergei Semak has already announced that his assistant Anatoly Timoshchuk is also continuing his work.
Collimore and Vitoria stood up for the Russians
There are also Russian patrons in the world football community. Former England and Liverpool player Stan Collimore called not to deny the Russians to play in the international arena, and at the same time stood up for the whole country.
– We did not expel the Americans who worked in Britain when the United States illegally invaded Iraq. So why should Russians be denied the opportunity to work legally based on their place of birth? Collimore wrote on Twitter.
Former Spartak head coach Rui Vitoria also stood up for the Russians. The Portuguese told what he encountered in Russia.
– During the months that I was in Russia, I met friendly, friendly and peaceful people, people who do not identify themselves in any way with what is happening in Ukraine, – Vitoria wrote in his Instagram.
Domenico Tedesco was also upset after the disqualification of Spartak. He dreamed of coming to Moscow, where he is so loved, to show his fighting ability “Leipzig”, but none of this will happen.
“When it comes to sanctions, in my opinion, it always affects the wrong people,” Tedesco told German media. – First of all, it concerns athletes and fans. I wanted the matches with Spartak to take place under other circumstances. For me, war is not a solution in any situation. 60 people wrote after the draw that they would be glad to see me again. The current situation is terrible.
“UEFA’s unexpected and unscrupulous decision”
Former RFU president Vyacheslav Koloskov also reacted to FIFA and UEFA sanctions against Spartak.
– This is a sad, unexpected and unscrupulous decision of UEFA. What’s with “Spartacus”? Sanctions have already been imposed, playing at home has been banned. No, now excluded from the Europa League. RFU is an obedient member of FIFA and UEFA. We had a great world championship, which Infantino called the best world championship in history. Such decisions are pure politics and dishonesty. I was a member of the UEFA Executive Committee for 15 years. Jacques Georges, Lennart Johansson and Michel Platini were presidents. It was different. But so no one has destroyed Russian football yet.
Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Physical Culture and Sports Dmitry Svishchev has already caused a glaring situation. The deputy also said that the State Duma will consider the issue of sanctions against Russian sports.
– The State Duma plans to discuss the situation with Russian sports. First we will present the issue to the committee, we will speak, and then there will be an appeal. The situation is out of the ordinary, there was no such thing in the history of world sport even during the Cold War, Svishchev told Match TV.